[Newbies] User Interrupt window

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Sat Dec 9 18:06:03 UTC 2017

Hi OBrien J

One way to do this is to install a new interruptWatcher on Sensor.

On the class you want to handle the message do something like

Sensor installInterruptWatcher:[self userInterruptWatcher].

Yourclass >> userInterruptWatcher
"Wait for user interrupts and open a notifier on the active process when
one occurs."
| interruptSemaphore |
interruptSemaphore := InputSensor interruptSemaphore.
[true] whileTrue: [
interruptSemaphore wait.
self signal: #userInterrupt.
].

Then implement your handler with something like onUserInterrupt to respond
to the signal.  Or you could just call a method in your class to handle the
interrupt.

Hope that helps!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum