[Newbies] Squeak cannot write to the changes file....

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Jul 13 18:18:55 UTC 2017

Hi Randy

> On 13.07.2017, at 19:16, Randy Siler <randysiler at mac.com> wrote:
>
> I've just installed Squeak and started playing with it but it complains that it doesn't have write access to a needed folder
>
> /private/var/folders/rz/...
>
> I've tried giving full access to all the folders  from /private/var/folders/ down
> but it doesn't solve the problem.

This looks like a known problem on newer OS X  (macOS) versions.

I presume you have downloaded the app and unpacked it in the Downloads folder and have run it from there.
macOS tries to be helpful and moves it away and denies any file read/write.

So what can you do?
Once you have downloaded and unzipped the App, >> Move it away from the Downloads folder <<.
Where does not matter too much. /Applications or the Desktop are common choices and should work.
Note that this only works if you move the App before you open it once. So best is to delete
the "old" app, Unzip, move the new app and then start it.

Best regards
	-Tobias