[Newbies] Book morph UI question

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Sep 5 17:17:46 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 1:54 PM, John-Reed Maffeo <jrmaffeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Vaidotas,
>
> You will have to ask the developer (yo 1/14/2005 19:25). It is defined this
> way in the method #fullControlSpecs in the class #BooklikeMorph. It is the
> #ByteString value 179.I guess that it is an artifact of some changes that
> have been made over the years.

Traditionally BookMorph title bar uses ◊, since when the internal
encoding of the system was MacRoman.  The character is called
"Lozenge".

When we changed the internal encoding to Unicode and I remember hand
editing some of the fonts.  I can't really remember what was going on.
It is a bit funky that the code point is 179 yet showing Lozenge (i.e.
the Accuny font has that glyphs at 179).  From 3.8 and later versions,
the code was carried over but now the default font uses Latin-1
encoding, and code point 179 is shown ad upper script three.