[Newbies] PipeableOSProcess - Can't SIGINT

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Apr 30 20:30:51 UTC 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 12:53:30PM -0700, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> David T. Lewis wrote
> > But here are two suggestions???
>
> Thanks! I will try. Actually, googling around a bit revealed a similar
> thread [1] with some great information which I collected into a wiki page
> [2]. The top two solutions there were:
>
> 1. ProxyPipeline (via David T. Lewis). This looks like the first choice for
> most situations.
>
> CommandShell itself uses a ProxyPipeline to represent one or more process
> proxies from a command line, so you can use that class directly to evaluate
> a command line:
>
>     ProxyPipeline command: '/bin/sleep 10'
>
> 2. PipeableOSProcess - The Long Way
>
> This gives you total control (at the obvious cost of LOC!).
>
> env := CommandShell new environment.
> 	pwd := '/'.
> 	args := Array
> 		with: '-jar'
> 		with: '/path/with/another space/jenkins.war'.
> 	desc := Array with: nil with: nil with: nil.
> 	p := PipeableOSProcess
> 		new: '/usr/bin/java'
> 		arguments: args
> 		environment: env
> 		descriptors: desc
> 		workingDir: pwd
> 		errorPipelineStream: nil
>

> The thing I find eery is *not* that I ask the same questions over and over,
> but that it seems to be almost the same day of the year even many years
> apart! (May 7th, 2012 -> April 29th, 2018)
>
> 1. http://forum.world.st/Running-in-background-with-OSProcess-tp4615534.html

Hi Sean,

LOL!

I think you and I must both be forgetting the same amount of material every
six years, because I didn't remember it either :-)

This does point to a need to be able to something like ProxyPipeline or PipeableOSProcess
simply and with less confusion, and maybe with a class name that is not so wierd
that nobody could ever remember it.

Thanks,
Dave