[Newbies] Time to Vote!

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Mon Feb 5 15:39:55 UTC 2018

Hi Ron,

I'm pretty sure that the people in the voting list are pretty good. I
can't vote because I don't know how to choose one over, without being
part of other mailing list, which brings me back to what is happening in
this list and how to improve it.

I think that we all have been responsible for the silent times on this
list. I remember it being pretty active when I subscribed, back in 2006
in the times of SqueakFest and OLPC. In fact 2006 was the first time I
left my country to attend to SqueakFest. After that I changed, but the
community was kind of the same. I found other Smalltalk variants more
suited with my needs, but I hold dearly Etoys and many of ideas that
crystallize in several variants of Smalltalk.

Maybe I could talk about the themes that I feel are connected with this
list despite of using Pharo to implement them: Critical code+data
literacy for young and adults, hackerspaces & hackathons as alternative
educational spaces and so on. If that is on-topic, I will be glad to
share them. I really liked the strong educational focus of this
community and I think that we can spread that focus to non-school
contexts, despite of our Smalltalk flavor.

Cheers,

Offray