[Newbies] Grafoscopio and the Data Week: Critical code+data literacy practices and pocket infrastructures from/for the Global South

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Tue Feb 6 16:13:07 UTC 2018

Hi Ron,

I'm just in the beginners list (when I subscribed I was a beginner and I
never thought of myself as a developer). I have seen the dev list, but
there is a lot of automatic mail send by commit activity. I'm not sure
if I want such traffic in my mail inbox.

Anyway, having proper feedback places is important and I wonder if some
kind of middle place between developers and beginners is needed. In the
Pharo case, the users list has pretty good activity without details
about commits. Maybe beginners is misleading and we need a users list or
setup something like discourse[1] to improve communication. In the
Manjaro case, it has worked pretty well[2] (but, of course,
infrastructure by itself is not a warranty).

[1] https://www.discourse.org/
[2] http://forum.manjaro.org/

Cheers,

Offray