[Newbies] undefined

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 19:47:02 UTC 2018

Squeak just blew it again with its UTF glitch.  I copied .pdf content into
a Windows notepad .txt file, saved it in ASCII format then ran a fairly
simple Squeak method on it and it walked back a UTF error.  I have asked
the system email list about this and got no help - someone said learn UTF.
I need a programming language that works.  I can't trust Squeak as it is
now even if I write my own front end on top of it.  Any suggestions?
Thanks.

I think a Smalltalk/B for beginners ought to also have precision graphics
like Java examples instead of fuzzy Smalltalk graphics.  It should also
have a browser causes focus on writing apps instead of tweaking the
system.  Maybe allow reading but not saving into the system code - nothing
in there can't be handled in a user object if needed.