[Newbies] Entering the caret (^) in Squeak on Linux

Marc Hanisch marc.hanisch at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 5 06:25:01 UTC 2018

Hello Tobias, hello Hannes,

Strange, my inspector window does not show the code in its title, but
printing the codepoint of the questionmark shows me the value '770',
which is the "COMBINING CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT"
(http://www.codetable.net/decimal/770) whereas the correct caret has
the value '94', which is "CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT"
(http://www.codetable.net/decimal/94) - which somehow makes sense ;-)
So it seems to be an issue with the input system, not with Squeak.
Although I'm really wondering how I can acces the "CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT"
with the 'deadkeys' keyboard layout...

Thanks for your help,
Marc