[Newbies] Question about Etoys Custome Events and Triggering Objects

Jeremy Landry hakyoku at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 00:39:25 UTC 2018

This question pertains to Etoys 5.

I'm trying to set up communication between two objects using event
triggers, but cannot seem to understand what I'm doing wrong.

Here is the project:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hQ9VqRkQu4VeH75dxV0inwL4HXGMDZFg

Here is the description of desired effect:
The playfield tells all Enemy objects (just one in this case) to
'bounceAround'. Then following that, tells all BGTile objects to 'beSolid'.
If the Enemy object overlaps any BGTile object with it's variable of
'isSolid' set to True, that BGTile object triggers an event the Enemy
object responds to.  The problem is that the trigger isn't seen by the
Enemy object as having come from BGTile but from the entire playfield!

I set up a variable within Enemy to figure out why setting Enemy's Bottom
to Enemy's Triggering Object's Top would send the Enemy completely off the
screen.

Is this because the originating script that is ticking is the Playfield's
script?  If so, how should I set this up to create a situation where
sibling objects can find specifically which ones actually collided if the
Triggering Object will always be the originating ticking script?

Thanks for any help and I hope this makes sense.  I left the offending
scripts open along with the Enemy viewer flap so that the triggering object
variable is seen.