[Newbies] Question about Etoys Custome Events and Triggering Objects

Jeremy Landry hakyoku at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 17:55:20 UTC 2018

I figured out why special events weren't working the way I had them set up.
In order for the events to be scheduled properly, so to speak, they have to
occur individually and be taken care of individually.  So instead of 'Tell
All Contents (SCRIPT)', I used a Do (Number of Objects)
Times/PlayerAtCursor Do (then event is triggered and handled for a single
pair of objects)/Cursor IncreaseBy1. This all happens each tick so it
appears as if it's simultaneous. It's, so far, fastest for dealing with
collisions, I will post another project soon with demos/examples.

Also, my copy of Etoys5 starts with 'Custom User Events' checked inthe
preferences.  I don't ever make changes to etoys friendly options...I'm not
sure what is going on there...