[Newbies] Squeak and computer graphics

Ralph Boland rpboland at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 06:14:39 UTC 2019

We all hear about graphics cards and the higher performance we get
with more powerful cards.
But in Squeak we don't address these cards in any direct way (do we?).
Is all that computer graphics card power lost to developers in Squeak or
does Squeak know to use these cards for more performance when available?

Of course modern CPUs add quite a bit of computer graphics capability as well.
Does Squeak use this power or is it unused in Squeak as well.

Does this issue make Squeak a poor choice when heavy graphics is involved?
Is this likely to change in the future?

Ralph