[Newbies] Invisible Connectors

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:25:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am just starting with Squeak, it is something completely different
from all other programming languages/environments I saw before. Very
interesting.

I am using Squeak 5.2 for Linux (under FreeBSD-12 Linux compatibility
layer), it works.

Coming to the question. I found this package called Connectors. I tried
to connect some Morphs with "Curvy Arrow" and it all works fine,
clicking on the GUI. But, if I try make a connector from the Workspace I
can't see the line and I don't understand well what happens.

For example, If i run this code
----- https://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1773 -----

green := Morph new color: Color green;         position: 100 at 200;
openInWorld. red := Morph new color: Color red; position: 100 at 300;
openInWorld. c2 := NCAAConnectorMorph new connectStartTo: green ;
connectFinishTo: red ; openInWorld.

I see the two rectangles but I don't see the connector.

I tried to inspect madly the "c2" object but I can't find how it is
different from a Curvy Arrow that is actually displayed.

I installed Connectors via SqueakMap, the latest release I saw (I can't
see the number now, probably because the package is already installed).

Any ideas ?

bye
Nicola