[Newbies] Can't open MorphLayoutArticle

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 17:59:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

I could put together this example [code below], but I am stuck again on little things that are not so easy to find googling the docs.

1] How can I make the buttons fill all the third row length ?
2] How do I embed newlines in textT1 string, I see '\n' is not working.
3] How could i make the image in row4 fill its whole row (maybe same as [1])
4] How can I show the Squeak logo into image "i1" ? Just to have something nicer to display into examples.

---------------------
m := RectangleMorph new.
m openInWindow.

"Initial size of the window".
(m owner) extent: 300 at 300.
(m owner) setLabel: 'Layout test-1'.

m layoutPolicy: TableLayout new.
m listDirection: #topToBottom.
m hResizing: #spaceFill.
m vResizing: #spaceFill.
m color: Color yellow.

row0 := AlignmentMorph newRow color: (Color white);
                hResizing: #spaceFill; vResizing: #spaceFill.

row1 := AlignmentMorph newRow color: (Color r:100 g:100 b: 100);
                hResizing: #spaceFill; vResizing: #spaceFill.

row2 := AlignmentMorph newRow color: (Color r:300 g:300 b: 300); height: 50;
                hResizing: #spaceFill; vResizing: #fixed.

row3 := AlignmentMorph newRow color: (Color r:500 g:500 b: 500);
                hResizing: #spaceFill; vResizing: #spaceFill.

m addMorphBack: row0.
m addMorphBack: row1.
m addMorphBack: row2.
m addMorphBack: row3.

t1 := TextMorph new.
t1 wrapFlag: true.
textT1 := '-] Autoresize buttons to fills space ? \n'.
textT1 := textT1, '-] line 2. '.
t1 contents: textT1.
row0 addMorph: t1.

10 timesRepeat: [row1 addMorph: (CircleMorph new extent: 10 at 10; color: Color blue)].

b1 := SimpleButtonMorph new.
b1 borderWidth: 3 ; label: 'Button1'.

b2 := SimpleButtonMorph new.
b2 borderWidth: 3 ; label: 'Button2'.