[Newbies] Squeak by example image

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Oct 10 00:54:08 UTC 2019

Hi Steve (and Robert),

If the suggestion of using Squeak 3.9 or 3.10 does not work, then
I will mention also that if you are using Linux, then you can
build a new Squeak virtual machine (VM) that will run the old
SqueakByExample-1.3.image on any modern Linux machine.

There is no longer any official support for this, but it is maintained
informally for Linux, and an interested Linux user can build the
VM by following the instructions at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6354.

I checked by running the image in SqueakByExample-1.3.zip on my
64-bit Ubuntu Linux laptop, and it works fine for me.

I do not know if this will work on Windows or OS X. Probably not,
but I do not know for sure.

Dave