[Newbies] Halt doesn't stop

mechanic chrisgame at pobox.com
Sun Oct 20 15:10:33 UTC 2019

Following Squeak + Robots, introducing a 'self halt' statement into a method
definition and expecting the program execution to stop and a debug window to
open. That window opens but the execution of the method continues, so in the
repeating pattern example I end up with three or four small 'pre debug
windows' I think they're called, and the pattern is drawn as it would be
without any such halt statement. Why wouldn't the program stop execution
when the halt statement is reached? That seems to be what the book
describes.

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Beginners-f107673.html