[Newbies] Smalltalk benchmarks for Composite systems?

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Sep 26 11:29:53 UTC 2019

Hi Hannes,

thanks for your tips! Rosetta Code is a good idea, I will have a look at this.

How many tests would you say a benchmark should contain for being meaningful? Could you also recommend any other task from this page that suits for message-send-stressing?

I have no experience at all with VMs, yet. Can I already run Squeak on SistaV1 anywhere? Does it affect the overall speed greatly if I am in CommandLine mode only?

Best,

Christoph