[Newbies] Does Set respect ordering?

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:54:20 UTC 2020

Hi,

The "set" is a mathematical object which is defined by what it contains,
there isn't any order concept in it.

So, by definition of set: {1,2,3} = {2,3,1}

It makes not even sense to ask what is the first element of a set,
because there is no order in it.

So, I guess Christoph is giving you the right hint, keep working with
OrderedCollection.

Then, you may open your Squeak, on top of the Window select Help ->
Terse Guide To Squeak
and check ouy "Bag" and "Set" sections.

bye
n.