[Newbies] code to retrieve all method categories and methods under a category

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Wed Jan 15 21:51:49 UTC 2020

Hi Timothy,

On Jan 15, 2020, at 1:26 PM, tty wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I want to dynamically build a drop-down menu in Seaside based on the
> instance side methods I have in a class.

Have you looked at the Seaside sample code for the WABrowser?  On some Seaside images it will be registered at tools/classbrowser by default.  I believe it uses a normal Browser as its model, so that's where to go to find out what's actually going on in the background.

> I have been hunting for over an hour and I see no obvious way to retrieve
> this info (I have found a way to get all the methods, but not the category
> that houses them.
>
> Any help much appreciated.

Have you looked at ClassOrganizer and ClassDescription?

best,
a Tim