[Newbies] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

mechanic chrisgame at pobox.com
Thu Jan 16 12:16:46 UTC 2020

Ron,

Interesting that there is an 'oversight' board but we have to wonder what
oversight is actually applied? There are many queries on here (one or two
from me) showing that there are issues with finding appropriate and up to
date docs covering basic setup and operating issues. As an example, much of
that points to the squeakbyexample.org site which seems to have been taken
over. As well as that, there are many versions of Squeak on the web, and not
much guidance as to which docs and guides work with what versions. There
seems an overall cleanup project missing? I also wonder why there are so
many expert-level queries on a list supposed to support beginners, perhaps
some of that is off-putting to newbies?

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Beginners-f107673.html