[Newbies] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

tty gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Jan 16 15:17:05 UTC 2020

Hi Ron,

The Squeak Documentation problem is something I am trying to solve via
SeasideDoc.

http://squeaksource.com/@NtNEtETjbH5TQrA0/KZ3_LFF5

I am too busy at the moment to finish it, but if you too are interested in
solving the problem, you might want to take a look at it.

The basic idea is a StackExchange type web interface that draws sources from
existing HelpTopics in the image, and the Swiki and enables "round trip" of
the HelpTopics.

Meaning, that as SeasideDoc grows, it is used to create additional
HelpTopics in-image; creating a virtuous documentation cycle.

Is in alpha, the tools to import the Swiki are in place.
I am/was currently working on recursing the in-image Help topics and
displaying them.

Getting that "round trip" functionality is the critical first step.
Integrating the Swiki (perhaps round trip functionality there too) is a
large task involving tagging and search.
StackExchange style comments with upvote/downvote/reputation system is huge
too.

cheers,

tty

--