[Newbies] Bug: Cannot type double-quote sign in Squeak on Linux

J .W. Jansen hans.jansen845801 at kpnmail.nl
Thu Jun 17 20:10:13 UTC 2021

Hello,

I Recently rediscovered Smalltalk and am trying to pick it up again.
However, I cannot type the double-quote character which I may need when
entering a comment.

I am running Squeak 5.3 on Linux, XUbuntu 20.04, with the current
OpenSmalltalk VM. Running the same image on a Windows-10 system all is
well.

All other "dead" keys do what I expect from them. My keyboard has the
standard US-International layout.

Am I the only one who stumbled upon this problem? I have not been able
to find anything about this in the lists.

Regards, Hans Jansen.