[Newbies] Issues with installing OMeta2 + infinite 2D world

Michał Olszewski m.olszewski at nexat.pl
Sat Mar 6 13:08:48 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm new to the list.

My first question is, how do I load correctly OMeta2 into Squeak 5.3?
I'm loading it using monticello browser and several errors pop up:

 1. first one is syntax error that I ignore. I assume it's related to
    that Ometa extends smalltalk syntax with its own one.
 2. second one is: *MessageNotUnderstood:UndefinedObject>>isOMeta2Rule:*
    .I choose to just implement one, in Object class, that returns
    always true value.
 3. The third one is *MessageNotUnderstood:
    OMeta2Compiler>>parseCue:noPattern:ifFail:* . I tried to debug it
    and it seems it's sent to parser, but parser understands such
    message or am I reading it wrong? Attempting to implement it in
    Compiler class instance side, results in infinite loop (image freeze).

Is there some way to load it, or something is broken in newer versions
of Squeak?

By the way my OS is Windows 8.1, image is freshly downloaded from
website + installed Babelsberg package.

My second question is, how can I implement infinite 2D world/pane where
I can scroll/use mouse "click and drag" to navigate? What morphs classes
(or approaches) should I use to implement such functionality? I want to
implement train simulation (transporting goods etc.).

Michał