[Newbies] AbstractObjectsAsMethod

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Mar 16 08:24:34 UTC 2021

Hi David, hi all!

For using object-as-method, you do not need to inherit from #AbstractObjectsAsMethod. Just install an object into a class' method dictionary that implements #run:with:in:.

Method Wrappers do this:
https://github.com/hpi-swa/MethodWrappers

Here is an example for installing such objects-as-methods:
https://github.com/hpi-swa/MethodWrappers/blob/master/packages/MethodWrappers.package/MwMethodWrapper.class/instance/install.st

It uses Behavior >> #addSelectorSilently:withMethod: to modify the class' method dictionary.

Best,
Marcel