[Newbies] OI screenshot Telegram install

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Fri May 28 18:07:14 UTC 2021

Hi,

I could not reproduce the debugger timeout:

ConnectionTimedOut: Data receive timed out.

In my new tests on OpenIndiana and SUSE SLES 15 , I get the same behaviour :

        bot := TelegramSmalltalkBot withToken: '<your_bot_token>'.
        bot spawnNewProcess.

hangs.  Of course the hang MAY end in a timeout, I only waited 5 minutes.

Also on SUSE, same thing.  It also hangs.

I think the token is correct because the creation of the Squeak bot,
works, and when I inspect it, it has retrieved the correct bot name.

Also on the same systems I am able to use Python telegram-send,
and with the Python program it works (can send messages to telegram);
so the network setup works.

Perhaps Squeak is more sensitive to network setup than Python,
it has some characteristics of a network problem (comm.timeout).

Also the Python test shows that the token is correct,
and that it network-wise could work, but perhaps it is a network issue.

DNS api.telegram.org and ping ICMP to that host work.

The DNS has records for both ipv4 and ipv6;
host api.telegram.org
api.telegram.org has address 149.154.167.220
api.telegram.org has IPv6 address 2001:67c:4e8:f004::9

Another remark:  I ran the tests in the Squeak TestRunner for TelegramSTBot,
and on OpenIndiana they all succeed, on Linux 2 failed but the others were OK.

When I experiment in the Workspace with DoIt of

        bot := TelegramSmalltalkBot withToken: '<your_bot_token>'.
        bot spawnNewProcess.

I get:

TelegramBotError 409: Conflict: terminated by other getUpdates request;
make sure that only one bot instance is running.

How do I reset the bot in a Squeak Workspace ?

Note that I am using very recent images 6.0alpa-20535.image 64 bit,
in both cases, on SUSE SLES Linux and on OpenIndiana.

I think perhaps I should try an older image 5.3 or early 6.0alpha,
and not update it ? What do you think ?

In any case your demonstration of the SqueakSmalltalkBot was impressive,
I'd like to run it  as well on either OpenIndiana or SUSE.

David Stes