[Newbies] SelectorBrowser: where is the action of RET stored?

Eduardo Ochs eduardoochs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 04:42:32 UTC 2023

Hi list,

I am trying to learn how to control a SelectorBrowser from code...
I discovered that I can run the lines below one by one,

  sb := SelectorBrowser prototypicalToolWindow openInWorld.
  sb explore.
  (sb submorphs at: 4) editString: 'foo'.
  (sb submorphs at: 4) editString: 'bar'.

and the "editString:" messages will change the string in the top left
pane... I don't know its name yet, so let me call it the "search bar".

What happens when we type RET in the "seach bar" of a SelectorBrowser?
>From the user's point of view what happens is that it performs a
search and all other panes are updated, but what happens in a lower
level? I spent hours today exploring the SelectorBrowser and a few
other related classes, but I could not find (yet) where is the method
that converts a RET there to an action, or what is the default method
associated to a RET in the search bar...

  Thanks in advance, and
  apologies for my newbieshness =S,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://anggtwu.net/eev-squeak.html