What are we here for?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Feb 23 21:22:44 UTC 2005

I'm primarily sending this email to see what everyone thinks about
setting aliases like webmaster at map1.squeakfoundation.org to point to
this list.  The idea being that one of our primary functions is to
repond to support requests.  We then have the choice of trying to
communicate to everyone the right way to contact us or to try to conform
to everyone's existing proclivities.  I vote for conforming.  However it
should be noted that that is asking for LOTS of spam.  Now that doesn't
bother me because my system should handle it OK.  However I'm not sure
everyone feels the same.

Secondly what does everyone see as the appropriate goals/function of
this group?

1.  Make sure the functionality provided by 'the box' keeps working.

2.  Be receptive to requests for hosting other services.

3.  Be prepared to emulate public radio personell and periodically beg
for money (might have to be in the US to get this one).

That's just some thoughts of mine (and stolen from Cees).  What does
everyone else think?

Ken

P.S. I should probably also send out an email explaining the small
number of policies that Gran and Cees and I have been following in the
past.  I'll work on that in a moment.