Avoid dup floods to the lists in the future

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Nov 18 20:17:27 UTC 2005

I'm looking into what could be done to avoid duplicate message floods
like the one today in the future, or at least lessen the impact.  On the
Qmail website I found a script for roughly this purpose at

http://www.qmail.org/eliminate-dups

from Russ Nelson.  As luck has it I happen to know Russ so I spoke with
him about this for a few minutes and he thought that it would be fine to
use this on the listserver.

However I'm not going to jump into this too quickly because a faulty
cure is likely to be worse than the disease.  So I'm carefully
evaluating this script and I would appreciate it if you could look over
it and give your opinionl.

The idea is that this would just be stuck in above the existing line in
~list/.qmail-default and so work for all mailman lists.