Backups?

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:38:19 UTC 2005

Hi Marcus,

I've setup backup to another server @hetzner I operate, but I'd rather
have a second backup machine in case there's a problem with backup or
if I happen to be on a prolongued holiday during a crash.

The backup system I use is based on ssh+rsync plus a little utility
called 'powershift' (part of
http://www.math.ualberta.ca/imaging/rlbackup/). You'd need to make
sure ssh+recent rsync are running on the server and install
powershift; I can then do a test run from the SqF box.

The backup system uses hardlinked trees. The idea is that if the
backup starts using too much space, you rm -rf the oldest versions.
Easy enough :)