VNC Server on Box2

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Sep 13 19:08:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 14:42 -0400, Jason Rogers wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Thanks.  I just read your two emails.  I have been in a meeting for most
> of the day.
>
> I appreciate your diligence, even though I didn't get to hop onto IRC.
> I will check out the configuration.
>
> Again, thanks a lot for your help.

You are quite welcome, it turned out to be easier than I expected.

I already mentioned this to you on IRC but I want to go ahead and say it
here for the benefit of anyone else reading this who would like to make
use of tightvnc on box2 for their service(s):

Although the resource cost of tightvnc is fairly low I would like to
suggest that no one plan to use it on a permanent basis.  It's great for
debugging problems that only appear on the server or in emergencies but
it effectively represent another Squeak process that could be providing
another service to the Squeak community.  That's not counting the
bandwidth usage.

Admittedly we have plenty of resources now and I mention this more for
the long term than as a problem in the near future.  More and more
services are appearing and some of them are moving to box2 and I expect
many more will in the future.