Squeak CD for download?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Sep 26 15:56:59 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 17:46 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I finally found some time to update the Squeak CD/DVD.
>
> For the DVD it makes no sense to have it for download (just too big).

I'm not so sure about that.  I have a setup nto issue files as
bittorrent feeds from the server now.  I wouldn't mind trying this with
big files like this as an experiment if nothing else.

> But the iso of the CD would be nice to have on ftp.squeak.org
>
> Is it ok to put it up? How much do we tranfer right now from
> the new box?

Certainly a great idea.  I'm not sure what you are asking here.  We have
plenty of space yet (about 140 GB I think) and the download rates seem
to be pretty good to me (I just tested it and got an average of 215.15
KB/s for a ~9MB file).  So I say let's go for it.  And if you want to
offer downloads over bittorrent for it just let me know.

Ken