apt would like to upgrade the kernel, should I?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Mon Mar 13 16:07:17 UTC 2006

I was about to do an apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade when I noticed
that it wanted to (among other things) upgrade the kernel:

box2:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  gzip kernel-image-2.6.8-2-k7 libcurl3 libgnutls11 libtasn1-2 mailman
perl perl-base perl-doc perl-modules tar unzip vim vim-common

Cees, do you think that is a safe thing to allow?  I'm always a little
hesitant regarding that sort of thing on a remote box.