[Box-Admins] Ping and quick report

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Oct 11 18:28:19 UTC 2006

My primary purpose in sending this message is just to confirm that
everything is OK regarding the lists since squeak-dev has been quiet.
Secondarily there have been a few small changes on the server in the
last few days and I think I should probably notify the team although
they are fairly minor.

1.  For some unknown reason I found on Monday that the server had been
rebooted some time around 05:00 UTC or so (rough estimate) if anyone
knows anything about this I would like to hear it.

2.  Related to this a few long running processes that we had all been
lazy about failed to start.  This included the processes for the
squeak.org, wwwtest.squeak.org, and source.squeakfoundation.org.

3.  I decided to take care of that myself and setup scripts
and /service/ links for all 3 of these and now they are monitored by
supervise and hopefully that particular issue won't come up again.

4.  I added quick hostnames with redirects for

wiki.squeak.org -> minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/  (in time when the swiki
is moved this will be the true address probably)

and

news.squeak.org -> weeklysqueak.wordpress.com

I guess that's it, all I can remember anyway.