[Box-Admins] Unlimited transfer at hetzner

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Jan 4 18:14:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 13:49 +0100, Marcus Denker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I only realised some days ago that Hetzner changed the traffic policy
> since a while:
>
> http://www.hetzner.de/rootserver_en.html
>
> Traffic Usage is for free. We will restrict the connection speed to
> 10 MBit/s if 1000 GB/month are exceeded. You can request an
> activation for 250 GB at a time free of charge in your Hetzner
> administration interface.

Thanks for the info Marcus.  I'm not sure I understand this.

1.  I'm assuming the default/current connection speed is greater than 10
MBit/s, 100MBit/s?  I wonder if we are likely to notice a performance
difference if we exceed the threshold.

2.  What is the meaning of the activation for 250 GB in the second
sentence?  Does this mean the traffic usage is free but we still have to
watch it and manually request more?  Or does that request more above the
1000 GB/Month that triggers the connection speed decrease resulting in
the connection speed returning to normal?

At any rate this certainly does sound like good news.  Thanks!

Ken