[Box-Admins] I need Help (was Re: Squeak Wiki Problem)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Jan 18 22:16:45 UTC 2007

I have been debugging the reported problems accessing the
wiki.squeak.org wiki for those behind a proxy.  I have tracked it down
to the implementation of HttpRequest>>initProxyForwarding in the image.
It assumes that if an x-forwarded for header exists that it is a single
IP address.  This appears to be a poor assumption.  For example:

x-forwarded-for: 74.141.6.178, 62.90.138.162

I have not so far been able to track down documentation to confirm
whether or not this is 'officially' valid.  Nonetheless Swiki should
probably not fail when this assumption is invalid.