[Box-Admins] Backup

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue May 8 05:07:19 UTC 2007

Howdy!

Ok, I now found the root pass for our box at Hetzner. :) I rigged
rsnapshot recently on my other box and it is a great nifty backup
solution for "remote box mirroring utilizing rsync and hard links".

Since we have lots of space free currently on our box I felt we could
help out with this - at least for a limited time.

Another "cheap solution" would be if someone has a Linux box sitting at
home with 50Gb (or whatever we needed) disk space on. I do have two
servers (Ultra 5s) and one of them could easily shoulder this task - but
in that case I need to stick a new hd in it. And... well, I could
probably do that as my personal "donation" to Squeak.org :)

regards, Göran