[Box-Admins] Debian Updates for Community Server

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sat Apr 26 09:04:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 21:57:53 +0200, Ken Causey wrote:

> It seems Hetzner has changed the server on which they host their
> internal Debian miror.  I found the web page
>
> http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Hetzner_Aptitude_Mirror
>
> with the help of Google Translate.  But it appears I need a username and
> password, I'm guessing this is the Hetzner account username and
> password.

Yes, this cryptic-German text says that Hetzner now has a local apt mirror
which they think "saves bandwidth" when used for installing Debian stuff.

I tried the http://download.hetzner.de/debian/mirror/ in a browser
(without username/password) and indeed it asks for authentication.

HTH.

Cheers,
Klaus