[Box-Admins] SqueakPeople content/source copied

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sat Dec 6 05:30:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 09:30 +0100, Göran Krampe wrote:
> Hey!
>
> Ken Causey wrote:
> > Just a quick note that I have copied all of the content/accounts/etc for
> > SqueakPeople as well as the source code for mod_virgule (which actually
> > I've had a copy of on my workstation for some time) to the community
> > server in /root/SqueakPeople/ so we have the data.  My understanding is
> > that the server will be shutting down at the end of today.
>
> Oh, he, ok. Are we smacking it up again or? Btw, since I took over the
> Elections list I am being swamped with spam - not the list itself but
> owners etc. Do we have any good idea about how to deal with this? I am
> even being tempted to just somehow "shut down" ability to send email to
> the owner. :)
>
> And... yeah, I have over 15000 mails sitting in moderation, I can't even
> open up the moderation page. I need to purge those through the command
> line, if anyone knows the magic incantation? Otherwise I will ask google
> of course.
>
> regards, Göran

Oh, the way to discard list moderation queue entries from the command
line is to switch to the 'list' user and use the 'discard' command which
takes the moderation filenames as arguments.  The moderation queue files
can be found in ~list/data/ in the form

heldmsg-elections-<number>.pck

the trick often comes in the fact that with many such files, and such
long names, you can't delete them in one go because the command line is
too long.  So then I resort to using file globbing with number ranges,
etc.  I'm sure you can figure that out.