[Box-Admins] Re: Notification for 85.10.195.197 -> ping:OK

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Oct 21 05:47:22 UTC 2008

On 21.10.2008, at 02:30, Ken Causey wrote:

> I don't have any password.  We don't generally use passwords but ssh
> keys.  In fact I believe you have a public ssh key installed under the
> root account.  Cees may well know the root password, but he's the only
> one likely to know it.
>
> However this is irrelevant.  Ping works, yes.  SSH starts a connection
> but you can't actually login.  If you have a matching private key it
> queries you for the passphrase but then once you enter it, it
> immediately exits, often with an error that sounds like a memory
> issue.
> If you have no private keys it doesn't even offer you the
> opportunity to
> enter a password.  Please try it, I would love to know if you get a
> different result.
>
> Also, it should be noted that all of the services should start up
> cleanly, they have every time the server has been rebooted over the
> last
> month or so.  We've done nothing that should have changed that, and
> yet
> they are not starting, or at least not working.
>
> Surely Hetzner can provide more support than this?

keep in mind that it is us who reacts slow... bad. And it is a kind of
a cheap
account with hetzner. You get what you pay for. e.g. we could get
Support on Sunday,
for EUR 30/half hour or so. But then you need to keep in mind that
regarding Pay, SqF
is not in a state of beeing able to pay for the server sind >1 year
*at all*.

	Marcus

Marcus Denker  --  denker at iam.unibe.ch
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~denker