[Box-Admins] Re: Notification for 85.10.195.197 -> ping:ERROR

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Oct 26 00:00:20 UTC 2008

OK, looks like my guess (sincere hope) was right, the server is back up
after about 11 minutes and has not been rebooted.  In any case, it would
be nice to know for future reference what our options (and expenses)
would be if in fact we continue to have trouble.  At less than 4 days of
uptime since the fatal weekend it's too soon to completely breathe easy.

Ken

P.S. I've setup secondary dns services with zoneedit.com and have
contacted those in control of squeak.org and squeakland.org
registrations to add them as additional dns secondaries.  This won't
'fix' us, but will help when the server is down in the future to keep
some services up and even perhaps redirect to another server if it looks
like downtime is going to be extended.  This was a suggestion from
Goran, for the record.