[Box-Admins] Re: Community server non-responsive again

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Fri Sep 12 22:24:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 00:05 +0200, Marcus Denker wrote:
> On 12.09.2008, at 23:41, Ken Causey wrote:
>
> > Well, who actually is writing the checks or providing a credit card
> > number
>
> Hey, this is germany. No Credit Cards, no Checks. Hetzner is authorized
> to directly grab the money from Squeak-ev's bankaccount. Like direct
> deposit, just the inverse.

I stand corrrected. ;)

> > is either someone with ESUG or perhaps Squeak eV.  I can't seem
> > to keep the details in mind.  But, barring some expenses I'm not aware
> > of, the Squeak community should have been able to provide sufficient
> > funding.  IIRC the GSOC project from last year netted the fund
> > $2000-$2500 dollars not counting purchases of badges and other
> > donations.  And we should get the same from GSOC this year.
> >

> Yes, in addtion there was a "starting grant" from esug of ca. $3000,
> if I remember correctly.
>
> There should be quite some money on the bank.

I've just had it from Giovanni that in fact he still has the funds from
last year.  He understands that at some point he is to write a check to
Noury but is just waiting to take care of it in one step after receiving
the funding from Google for this year.  But that does open the door to
questions of how well the account being used to fund the server is
currently doing.  Of course if it started with $3000, and our costs are
only around $500 per year, then I don't guess we have much to worry
about yet.

Ken