[Box-Admins] re: Squeak's hosting provider(s), bills

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Feb 3 17:51:15 UTC 2009

OK, I'm certainly glad we have a cushion and time to think.

What I'm really interested in now is opinions on my idea to distribute
things among virtual private servers among say 2-3 companies, probably
on multiple continents (US and Europe probably).

What sort of budget on monthly server costs does everyone think is
reasonable?

Would it be better to buy hardware and find people willing to host it
for us at little or minimal cost?  (higher upfront costs with lower
recurring costs)  Jecel has contacted Merik Voswinkel of Morphle about
this and I understand Merik has some interest although I know little
detail.

Ken