[Box-Admins] Re: [Webteam] Contact US message types

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Jul 16 19:37:16 UTC 2009

What is the status of this project?  Are you waiting for something?  Can
we do anything to help move this along?

The purpose of this form was first to allow lists to close themselves
completely to non-subscribers to avoid having to moderate dozens if not
hundreds of spam messages per day.  So the goal is to give people who
are not subscribed to certain relevant lists the ability to contact the
relevant people.  It is not intended as a replacement for subscribing to
generally open lists like squeak-dev or beginners.

The only lists I see that this needs to be used with are: board,
webteam, box-admins.  The point is to allow people to report problems
with the website, with any service hosted on the community server, or
bring up issues with the board without having to join the lists.

As a first pass I suggest the types of reports could be 'This
Website' (since this is hosted at www.squeak.org I think this should be
clear), 'Other Hosted Service(s)', and 'Other'.  If 'This Website' is
chosen then the email would go to the website team, if 'Other Hosted
Service(s)' is chosen then it would go to the box-admins list, and if
'Other' is chosen the email would go to the board list who can forward
elsewhere as needed.

I see no point in making this any more complex than it needs to be.

Ken