[Box-Admins] Re: whitelisting squeak-dev members on the board list

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Apr 13 20:08:32 UTC 2010

OK, I have now completed this.  I had to change the plan slightly.

Each 'night' the current members of squeak-dev will be used to generate
the whitelist for both the board and box-admins list.  I found that once
the list is this big the web interface cannot handle it.  The command
line configuration utility and mailman itself is fine with it.  As a
result the first entry in the whitelist is now
'do_not_modify_this at kencausey.com' and you can't actually modify any
setting on this mailman configuration page now.  It's not likely to come
up but if you do need to modify something either let me know or use the
command line tool.  To the end of the list a small number of email
addresses are added for people who are not on squeak-dev but should be
able to email the list.  For the board list I extracted it from the
previous setting.  If you need this changed let me know.

The script can be found at /usr/lib/mailman/bin/sqdwhite if anyone is
curious about the details.

Ken