New SqueakMap Issue (was Re: [Box-Admins] Re: SqueakMap Restarted)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Oct 7 21:39:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 13:41 -0500, Ken Causey wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 08:47 +0200, Göran Krampe wrote:
> > On 09/03/2010 07:30 PM, Ken Causey wrote:
> > > It was non-responsive with high CPU usage.  I simply killed the process
> > > and let svc restart it and it seems to be fine.  Last save was dated
> > > 8/30/2010.
> > >
> > > Ken
> >
> > Great, thanks!
> >
> > regards, Göran
>
> Same story again today.
>
> Ken

First of all, just for the record, Göran took care of this particular
issue days ago and SqueakMap has been running steadily ever since.

Since it had been running fun I decided it was time to take it off of
VNC and so I logged in today to check things over and close the image
for restart when I found 9 debuggers open.  They are all the same issue
so I closed all but one.

The request is for /packagebyname/IRCe/newrelease .  I'm not certain but
I assume this action is to create a new release object in the database.
However the requestor has not authenticated.  The error comes up when
the system tries #getAccount on a nil user.

I'll leave it for you to look at from here.  This issue is far less
prolific than the last and is unlikely to result in taking the service
down in the near future.