[Box-Admins] Re: 4.2 release

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Tue Feb 1 01:09:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> Hello Squeak box-admins team, webteam and prominent community.  The
> final 4.2 image has been posted
> ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.2/Squeak4.2-10950.zip.  Your help is now needed
> for the release process to be complete.
>
> I am new to this, but here is a list of things I suppose need to be done:
> =====================
>  - Final verification of the image (everyone).  If no show-stoppers
> in a few hours, re-open the trunk for all development.
>
>  - Create and populate the squeak42 squeaksource repository on
> source.squeak.org.  (In progress: cmm)
>
>  * create mac, win, and unix-linux directories on ftp server to house
> appropriate VM's.  (Done:  cmm)
>
>  - Copy SqueakV41.sources there, OR, should we make a new V42 sources
> file?  I think we can wait, opinions?

We can't wait too much, because the image decides which file to open, so
we can't change it after the release. IIRC Andreas had the idea to create
a new sources file for every release, but I may be wrong. I found
something that is related to this:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-April/148026.html

Also, the sources file contains the license at the beginning. The date
there is 2010. I'm not sure if it's a problem or not.

Print it: SourceFiles first readOnlyCopy next: 300

Levente