[Box-Admins] My daily rituals (was RE: Welcome Steve and Casey)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sat Feb 5 23:19:31 UTC 2011

I thought about mentioning automation because I don't really think it's
a good idea in this case.  What's important here is often tiny details
and I know from experience that regularly emailed reports that are much
the same all the time get very little scrutiny.

The fact that you have to do something to get the information, I
believe, causes you to look more closely.

Also, my summary here is a bit simplistic since I gloss over the
variations that occur when I think I have found something out of the
norm.  This happens regularly but it's rarely anything worthy of note
once I look; but I have to look more closely to know.  And how to look
more closely varies considerably based on what is found.

The human element is essential in my opinion, until we achieve hard AI
goals anyway.

Ken