[Box-Admins] 4.2 release

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:34:48 UTC 2011

Hello Squeak box-admins team, webteam and prominent community.  The
final 4.2 image has been posted
ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.2/Squeak4.2-10950.zip.  Your help is now needed
for the release process to be complete.

I am new to this, but here is a list of things I suppose need to be done:
=====================
  - Final verification of the image (everyone).  If no show-stoppers
in a few hours, re-open the trunk for all development.

  - Create and populate the squeak42 squeaksource repository on
source.squeak.org.  (In progress: cmm)

  * create mac, win, and unix-linux directories on ftp server to house
appropriate VM's.  (Done:  cmm)

  - Copy SqueakV41.sources there, OR, should we make a new V42 sources
file?  I think we can wait, opinions?

  * Copy LICENSE from the 4.1 directory, update the copyright date.
(Done:  cmm)

  - 4.1 had OS-specific .zip's for Windows and Mac that include the
VM.  A volunteer is needed for these two OS's.  It looks like the
Linux zip for 4.1 only had the image, I can put a similar one together
for 4.2.

  - 4.1 also has a All-In-One zip that includes VM's for all OS's.
webteam, did this get very many downloads over the last year, and
something we want to do for 4.2?  If so, we need a volunteer.
Otherwise, we should remove it from the web-site.

  - update the www.squeak.org/download web-page to point to the new
4.2 releases.

  - Also update the squeak.org home page to appropriately replace
references to 4.1 with 4.2.

  - Annoncement to squeak-dev (cmm volunteers).

  - Squeak News / blogs / rss-feeds pick up.