[Box-Admins] Re: [squeak-dev] Squeak 4.4 RC 1

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sun Dec 16 18:43:59 UTC 2012

On 12/15/2012 06:14 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
> I can't upload it because everything in /var/www/files/ is owned by
> "website" user/group, of which I am not a part.
>
> Ken or someone could you add me to the "website" group?
>
> PS - While I was in there the soft-link "current_development" and
> "current_stable" are pointing to 4.4alpha and 4.3, respectively.
> Those are owned by the "updates" user, maybe I should be added to
> "updates" too.
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Frank Shearar<frank.shearar at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This is prepared from a clean TrunkImage off CI by executing the
>> following script:
>>
>> (Installer url: 'http://source.squeak.org/inbox/')
>>      addPackage: 'ReleaseBuilder-fbs.84.mcz';
>>      addPackage: 'Morphic-fbs.631.mcz';
>>      install.
>>
>> Form openAsBackground: '/home/frank/Documents/squeak/blur_ulam_2.png'.
>>
>> ReleaseBuilderFor4dot4 prepareNewBuild.
>>
>> The Installer part will go away once folks are happy with my
>> ReleaseBuilder hacks. (The Morphic commit contains the Welcome
>> workspace changes.)
>>
>> In the interests of not spamming every single member of the list with
>> an 8 MB attachment, I've asked Chris Muller to upload the file to
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4alpha/. (If that's OK with you, of course,
>> Chris!)
>>
>> It's getting late here, so I'm going to head off to bed.
>>
>> frank

It seems, as usual, there is a decided lack of continuity from one
release team to the next, at least as regards infrastructure knowledge.

On the current (old) server while most files are owned by and maintained
by website, the webteam shared account, certain directories, like 4.4
and 4.4alpha, are owned by updates (actually they should have updates as
the owner and website as the group so the webteam still has also has
access).  The 'updates' account should be accessible by the relevant
member(s) of the release team.  In fact it appears to me that Chris
Muller does have access to the updates account on the server.

So as a one liner you can upload appropriately with something like

scp 4.4-foo.zip updates at squeak.org:/var/www/files/4.4alpha/