[Box-Admins] Added a Jenkins job for tracing a 64-bit image

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:21:58 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-07 8:18 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> I added one more Jenkins job called "Squeak 64-bit image". This will
> hopefully be triggered each time the SqueakTrunk job runs. The output
> is a copy of the trunk image traced to 64-bit object format.
>
> I want to see this run for a few days before I mention it on the
> squeak-dev list, but I think that this will give us an easy way
> to maintain a 64-bit version of released images.
>
> The build script is actually pretty cool, if you don't mind me saying
> so. It used to take a lot of manual steps to trace an image to 64 bits
> and clean up the resulting image to make it look like the original. But
> this script automates the process with no cleanup required :)
> The script is here:
>
>      http://squeakci.org/job/Squeak%2064-bit%20image/ws/TraceTo64.st
>
> Dave

That's pretty nifty. And it seems to me to be exactly what the Jenkins
server is for. There are lots of things on the periphery that have not
received the attention they could have. 64-bit anything seems that way
to me. And the Jenkins server makes it possible and fun to extend our
reach. Cool stuff.

Chris