[Box-Admins] Stuff added to the VPS

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 22:23:34 UTC 2012

I'm playing away here in the VPS from Gandi. It's a wide open server so
it's neat to muck about. I do think I should say what I'm doing.
Basically I'm installing a few things and trying to get Altitude to run.
And I'm setting up the Jenkins server. For the record I've added
using/sudo apt-get/:

locate
apache2
jenkins
libsysfs-dev

I executed /updatedb/, because I lean pretty heavily on the /locate/
command.

The Jenkins stuff is coming along fine. I need to copy the configuration
and load the plugins. I had all this business about FTP and uploading
files into the server to run tests on them. None of that - pursuant of
Frank's work - seems necessary. I take it the image to be tested needn't
be on the server itself.

The Altitude stuff is a bit of a mystery. No, wait. Maybe it's not.

I was confused that although /man openssl/ produced a result and showed
something was loaded that there was no libsys. I loaded libsysfs-dev and
now /locate/ tells me it's where it should be.

The error I was getting with Altitude was "Unknown digest sha1". It is
to be hoped that I just installed it. I'll try Altitude again tomorrow.

That's it for now.

Chris